MARKETING & COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIP
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIP
(FULLTIME, MINIMUM 3 MONTHS)
SPIRITED UNION DISTILLERY IN AMSTERDAM
Are you passionate about spirits, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get sh*t done? And do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing craft spirit brands in the Netherlands and truly make an impact as we re-write the rule book when it comes to rum?
Its our mission to rejuvenate the rum category by creating a new category within; BOTANICAL RUM. To be the first real flavour innovator in (and near) rum by redistilling and infusing rum with real botanicals. Our real and honest approach to rum isn’t just better tasting but also better for the world. Since the launch 2 years ago we have been successful in getting listed in over 300 sites in 8 countries across Europe and beyond. As one of the fastest growing spirit brands in the Netherlands, Union is known for its disruptive activations and unique approach.
To make sure Union brand can keep growing at this pace (and faster) we are looking for a Marketing & Communications intern. You will be supporting not just Marketing but the Union crew at the distillery as a whole, while learning at first-hand how a start-up is run.
A day in the life of:
- Spirited to share the stories of our rum and botanicals on events and trade fairs.
- As the project owner you co-create the hottest bar displays / branded merchandise / in-store activations; from the first idea to sourcing and implementation.
- Meanwhile checking with the distillery operations manager if everything is ready for our next distillery pop-up dinner.
- Together with Marketing you create content for our social media channels and ensure that the right message is placed at the right time.
- You prepare our next (cocktail) photoshoot at the Flying Dutchmen Cocktails by creating a brief, collecting all props and you, of course, attend the photoshoot.
- For our next PR stunt, you support in setting an urban farm to launch our new product.
- You brainstorm along with the Union crew on new flavours, food pairings, activations and other innovative ideas.
- You create and print the menu for our next Union in the Kitchen pop up dinner.
- You answer all kinds of customer inquiries from all over the world, both by mail, telephone and through social media.
- A desire to be part of an adventurous journey of a young Dutch international spirit brand.
- An independently and pro-active attitude (and not afraid of making mistakes).
- A Bachelor education in the direction of communication, marketing, business studies, leisure/ hospitality.
- You have an eye for detail and good organisational skills.
- A smart, practical brain that gets shit done.
- Outstanding English, both verbal and written (we are an international company).
- Too much energy and motivated to work hard.
- A passion for food and drinks.
- Photoshop/Illustrator experience is a plus.
- The possibility to join us fulltime for at least 3 months.
What we offer:
- A chance to be part of something new and exciting, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Working with a young, passionate and smart crew of people.
- A central Amsterdam working location or even better: you will be working at the best bars and events.
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.
- A competitive intern salary.
- Unlimited high fives and drinks (well at least after working hours).
If you want to be part of our journey send an email to Ruben at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, brief motivation and a short summary of what you want to take out of your internship.
About Spirited Union Distillery
The story behind each of our spirits starts with the colourful world of herbs and spices and how they can create vibrant tastes. Making a delicious drink is a bit like cooking a delicious meal; you need to combine textures and tastes to create a memorable experience. So we start with the flavour kick we’re trying to create then replicate it by exploring the vast world of botanicals and infusions. Each ingredient needs to be infused or distilled for the right length of time. Delicate aromatic flowers, leaves and seeds need less infusion time. Harder fruits, roots and barks need longer. (It’s one of the reasons why each batch carries it’s own unique number)
To rejuvenate the rum category, we’ve opened the doors to our very own distillery located in Amsterdam. Its eco-friendly and all our spirits are made with real ingredients.
“Better tastings and Better for the world.”